Dear Older Me
This is my first letter to you and I wanted it to be an honest one. I am not going to ask you how you are because I know somewhere deep in my heart that you will be well. I am writing this letter to you to let you know how life has been so far and to do whatever it is in my capacity to stop you from making the same mistakes that I am making.
Well, life for me has been a pleasant ride with its own share of ups and downs. I must say the ratio of downs to ups has increased a bit lately. But whatever it is, I’m hanging in there. Learning my lessons as it goes. There are days when I feel like I’m covered in crap but then I think of you, then wash it off and move forward because I need to do this to be able to meet you some day. You know, I often wonder, what you’ll be like and then I end up hoping that you’ll be a strong willed woman, with a successful life who is super confident in her own skin. I hope I’m not hoping for too much!
Anyway, through this letter I wanted to give you a few tips for a happy life-
1. Believe in yourself, no matter what anyone says.
2. Know that you’re a beautiful person, and no one can take that away from you.
3. Value your relationships, but love yourself first.
4. Help those in need, the world needs more people to do that.
5. Smile often, it gives great pictures 😉
6. Be grateful, because someone might be giving up their own happiness for yours.
7. Be patient, because everything doesn’t have to be a now or never situation. Good things take time.
8. Be understanding, because you might be someone’s only hope.
9. Think before you react, because words once said cannot be taken back.
10. Most importantly, breathe, and tell yourself that you might be in the dark right now, but your tunnel’s coming to an end.
That’s all for today, I will write again.
Your younger self
Posted from WordPress for Android